Assisting your access to travel
Part of L'Hotel de Hercé Mission Statement is to be as accommodating as possible
to the varied needs of travellers; singles to groups, age with a focus on older travellers,
and range of disabilities; from restricted sight, hearing, movement limitations, and health.
Information for guests with mobility restrictions
To assist you during you stay at L’Hotel de Herce the L'Hotel de Hercé Access Information below
provides an outline of site, building, and room access & touring information. We hope will be informative to you in planni,ng your stay with us. We pride ourselved on proviing individual service for our guests so contact us to discuss your individual travel plan and requirments.
Min mobility requirments are the abilit to be able get in and out of a car, walk to house or restaurant or similar, walk short distances, manage easy stairs.
· The Property Entry is up a slightly slopping stone paved carriage way & then across a gravel open courtyard to the house entrance.
· House entry is up 4 wide stone stairs
· Ground floor reception is stone paved floor
· Timber floored hallway, dining room & grand salon have extra wide corridor & doorways & level access.
· Ground Floor has a guest toilet & basin on level access with tiles bathroom floors
· Access to the level garden is from the gravel courtyard, up a slightly sloping path
· Garden path is impacted earth and gravel and not slippery. This lead up the garden with summer house, outdoor table & chairs for guests.
· The garden is private & enclosed.
· Historic timber large curving staircase, moderate incline, shallow risers & deep treads, this a gental stair case
· There is a strong handrail & it is 25 steps up to the first floor.
· All guest rooms are on the first floor
· The first floor has complete level access Guest Rooms are carpeted, hallway is timber floors with long runner rugs
· First floor has wide hallways & wide doorways & additional guest toilet
· First guest room The Giverny Room is located directly adjacent to the top of the stairs
· The other 2 guest rooms are located down a corridor that runs from the first-floor landing.
· Ensuite access is via regular sized doors ways
· Ensuite showers are in shower cabinets with doors, access has one low step into shower.
· Toilets have level access
Access to Town Centre
· Walk into town centre is 450 meters downhill, on a narrow medieval road.
· Footpaths are cobbled, and narrow, the street has light traffic.
· Parking Town Square has central car parking, or in adjacent Squares on market day.
. The town square is mostly level access, the location of brasseries, restaurants, shop, services and cinema.
. Transfers from Train station in Laval is by private car.
. We are unable to provide access for or accommodate transport for Wheelchairs.
Min Mobility for Guided Tours
. Guests need to be able get in and out of a car and walk to and from house or restaurant or similar. Limitations on walking distances and time, restricted use of stairs can be accommodated. Please see our story about guest Sally at Mont Saint Michele
. Drive only Touring to see the sights is and option.
· Mobility access issues to historic sites in Pays de Loire are - walking distances, irregular stone cobbles and gravel surfaces, stairs. More museums are now providing lifts and ramp access. We can offer a range of Tour destinations with reasonably level access. On advice from you we can assist in designing Guided Tours to meet your needs, where we know suitable access is available for you. We will talk with you about your travel interests and mobility and provide information of what options are available.